This is a very simple recipe made with just two ingredients, both of which have amazing properties for the skin:
Calendula: My top go to for any skin irritation, I’ve used it for eczema, dermatitis, itches, scratches, burns, diaper rash, everything. It’s a vulnerary agent, is anti-inflammatory and even mildly antimicrobial. It’s super soothing and mild enough to be used on infants.
Coconut oil: Simply full to the brim of body care properties. It’s full of medium chain fatty acids. It’s anti-carcinogenic (prevents the spread of cancer cells and enhances the immune system), anti-inflammatory (reduces inflammation or swelling). anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting (bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi, parasites and protozoa), antioxidant (protects against free-radical formation and damage), and improves nutrient absorption (easily digestible; makes fat-soluble vitamins more available to the body – ie. vitamin A, D, E, K). If that’s not enough, check out this post for 160 uses!
C&C skin creme
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- up to 2 cups of calendula blossoms
- place coconut oil and calendula blossoms in a pot and heat VERY gently (you don’t want to cook them, just warm the oil) for about half an hour.
- strain oil trough gauze to remove all the blossoms.
- pour into a jar to cool, then close it.
- Store in a cool place, refrigeration will make it last the longest.