Soothe cuts with this all-natural antibacterial ointment that helps to heal fast. Made with ingredients that work together, this balm also calms diaper rash, itchy dry skin patches, and athlete’s foot outbreaks without any chemicals or additives.
- 4 tablespoons beeswax (or Candelilla wax for a vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Small metal bowl
- Small saucepan
- Kitchen hand towel
- 20 drops calendula oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Hand mixer
- Sealable glass container
- Melt the beeswax and coconut oil together in a double boiler. Beeswax helps hold the cream together, and coconut oil soothes skin and promotes healing with its natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- Once melted, remove from heat and slowly add the calendula and lavender oils. Lavender is antibacterial, antifungal, and analgesic (which helps with pain). Calendula is a great allrounder for healing.
- Now slowly add the witch hazel to the mixture while stirring Witch hazel is a natural astringent, which helps clean wounds and also calms bruising and swelling.
- To really incorporate the ingredients and create the smooth, jelly like consistency, blend on high for a few seconds. You’ll see the ointment come together within half a minute.
- Spoon into a sealable glass container, and it’s ready to use.
Note: To avoid contaminating the ointment, try not to touch it directly with your hands, use a cotton swab or clean tissue instead. This keeps any stray bacteria that might be on your hands out of your helpful cream.
Store in a cool spot and keep contaminant free and it will last almost indefinitely.