A go-to list for replacing cleaning products:
- For your room, try putting lemon slices in a dish, or putting baking soda in a jar with a few drops of essential oil. Alternatively, use an essential oil burner.
- Cat Litter Trays can benefit from a sprinkling of baking soda too
- For a Fridge Odour Eliminator, try mixing a paste of baking soda and water, and place a small container of it in the fridge
All Purpose Cleaner
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in a litre of water. You can add 4 drops of essential oil for scent if you like.
All Purpose Scrub
- Stir 6 to 7 drops of essential oil into 3/4 cup of baking soda.
- 12 cups water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 cup hydrogen peroxide.
- sprinkle baking soda and leave for a few minutes before vacuuming
- ½ cup baking soda, then ½ cup vinegar, put the plug in and leave for 15 minutes, then pour down a kettle of boiling water
- Dip a sponge into salt water and rub it on windows to avoid them frosting up, you can also spray them with vinegar.
- To de-ice your car’s windshield, put salt in a little bag made of cheesecloth, moisten it slightly and rub it on. Again, spraying with vinegar is another option.
- vinegar or lemon juice (don’t use baking soda on aluminium as it will attack it).
- For silver, soak in a sink of hot water, 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup baking soda.
- Mix up a paste of baking soda and peroxide. This will work for stove tops too.
- Pour cup of vinegar and couple of spoons baking soda into the bowl, leave for 15 mins, brush and flush.
- Pour a kettle of boiling water down the toilet, add citric acid crystals, leave for an hour, brush and flush.
- Mix equal parts distilled white vinegar and water in a spray bottle, add a few drops of liquid Castile and shake well.
- Mix 1 litre water, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, shake, keep in spray bottle.
- ½ cup of lemon juice with a teaspoon of olive oil.